Hi Data Explorers,
The Hue Team is glad to thanks all the contributors and release Hue 4.7!
The focus of this release was to keep building on top of 4.6, modularize the tech stack, improve SQL integrations and prepare major features of Hue 5. Some highlights:
- Top blue button has been converted to a menu in the left side
- Birthday time: its was the 10 years of Hue!
- Build your own or improve the SQL parsers
- Japanese blog is back https://jp.gethue.com/
- A big summary of the Datawarehouse UX was published
This release comes with 650+ commits and 100+ bug fixes! For all the changes, check out the release notes.
Go grab it and give it a spin!
docker run -it -p 8888:8888 gethue/4.7.0
- Kubernetes :
helm repo add gethue https://helm.gethue.com helm repo update helm install hue gethue/hue
- Tarball or source
Here is a selection of the improvements:
- Foreign Keys are showing-up in the SQL left assist
- The autocomplete grammar was updated with: INTEGER, CTAS, STREAM keyword, EXPLAIN, LOAD, SHOW MATERIALIZED VIEW, ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW, DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW
- Materialized views are showing-up with the proper eye icon
- Hive LLAP/Tez sessions management was revamped in order to support more than one query running concurrently
- The Drag & Drop from the SQL left assist flakiness was fixed
- SQL samples now also work with mutable tables (e.g. ORC format tables with INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE..)
- How to build SQL Autocompletes tutorial has been updated
- Queries snippets can be shared via a Gist with their own Slack previews
- Queries can be shared via public links
- The link sharing modal was restyled to be friendlier
- Azure ABFS filesystem is now officially supported
- The continuous integration now checks for deadlinks on docs.gethue.com
- Python 3: support is making additional progress. How to compile with it and send feedback:
export PYTHON_VER=python3.6 make apps
- Configuration settings can be searched via a filter
- The delete flow of a user now disables instead of deleting (to avoid losing the saved documents and queries)
- User admin page now displays ACTIVE and SUPERUSER statuses
- The number of active users metric per API instance was revamped
- HUE-8768 The new version of the Editor with multi execution contexts and more robustness got 200+ commits
- HUE-8758 SQL connectors configuration instead of using hue.ini is close to a MVP
- HUE-8824 The Optimizations and Catalogs API were made public
- HUE-8738 The Celery Task Server and SQL task got updated for Python 3
Any feedback or question? Feel free to comment here or on the Forum and quick start SQL querying!