Here is the new SQL Editor!
Hue now has a generic editor that supports any languages but currently focuses on SQL. It is a single page app that is much faster than before and simpler to use. Here is a list of some important functionalities and a video demo that show them in action:
- No page reload when switching between queries
- Live history of running and past queries
- Enhanced support for Hive and Impala
- Extendable to any programming language
- Metadata Browsing
- Support listing and filtering thousands of databases or tables
- Quick links to table browsers
- Query edition
- Smart autocomplete
- Format a query, search and replace
- Expanded view, fixed column/row headers, jump to a column..
- Bar, pie, marker map, gradient map, scater plots charting
- Links to jobs and logs
- Solr SQL support
- JDBC support (beta)
- Result manipulation
- Excel, csv downloads
- Export to an HDFS file or new table
- Drag & Drop a saved query into a workflow
We hope that this new editor makes you SQL on Hadoop even more productive! If you want to connect with other databases and engines, feel free to write a new connector or engage the community on the hue-user list. The next iteration in Hue 3.11 (~Q3 2016) will polish even more the user experience so any feedback (bug, feature..) is welcomed!