In this demo we use the Editor to query credit card transaction data that is saved in an object store in the cloud (here S3) and in a Kudu table. The demos leverages the Data Catalog search and tagging as well as the Query Assistant.
Note: Do it Yourself! The queries and data are freely available on demo.gethue.com.
Scenario: Digital Services International
You recently launched a new streaming service:
- VP wants to understand support impact of this launch
- Marketing wants to use this to better target campaigns
Goal: Build a 360-degree view of your customers to understand the support costs, product usage, time-to-resolution, and current activity in marketing channels
What we’ll cover:
- Find the right sales tables across all databases
- Query Salesforce to see support activity by accounts and TTR
- Join with Usage Logs (Kudu table) to correlate usage with support activity
- Join with Marketing Database to see existing campaign activity and filter out support-heavy customers for special campaign
- Save & share queries for other members of the team and other departments