Dashboards are an interactive way to explore your data quickly and easily.
No iterative SQL or programming is required and the analysis is done by drag & drops and clicks. Typically use cases includes exploring subset of SQL query results or doing log analyses.
They rely on Apache Solr but SQL engines with Apache Impala and Apache Hive are currently being integrated (more information on HUE-3228). Solr 7 Analytics facets are a game changer by providing easy calculations and will be supported by end of 2017 in HUE-2173.
- Dynamic interface updating in real time
- Text, Timeline, Pie, Line, Bar, Map, Filters, Grid and HTML widgets
- Solr Index creation wizard from a file or light ETL and triggering of a batch job
- Mapping, editing records, savinf query definitions, Suggest
- Edit Solr permissions with Sentry
Configure by just pointing Hue to your Solr in the hue.ini, e.g.
[search] # URL of the Solr Server solr_url=http://localhost:8983/solr/