Hi Big Data Explorers,
The focus of this release was a big refresh to upgrade Django to 1.11, the latest Python 2.7 compatible version at the time.
It contains a log of improvements for the SQL Editor variables and catalog, as well as for the Dashboarding. It also prepares the ground for multi cluster support (HUE-8330) and building data apps more easily.
This release comes with 900 commits and 200+ bug fixes! Go grab the tarball and give it a spin!
- Upgraded core backend to Django 1.11 and now requires Python 2.7.x (doc for installing Python 2.7 on Centos/RHEL 6).
- Language Reference built-in, Column Sampling, black theme for Editor
- Simplifying the end user Data Catalog search
- SQL editor variables
- Improved SQL Exploration
- Get a mode to allow easy profiling of requests
- Finer grain privileges in the Sentry App
- Improved dashboards layouts
- Improved job scheduling monitoring
- Improved Oozie Workflow Graph display