Hi Big Data Surfers,
The Hue team is pleased to bring you Hue 3.0, available as a tarball release.
Hue 3.0 brings a browser for ZooKeeper and 245 commits. The tech stack was upgraded and a new phase of redesign was performed in order to improve the UX.
With the Sqoop 2 application data from databases can be easily exported or imported into HDFS in a scalable way. The Job Wizard hides the complexity of creating Sqoop jobs and the dashboard offers a live progress and log access.
- Shell app is removed and replaced by Pig Editor, HBase Browser and the Sqoop apps.
- Python 2.6 is required.
- Beeswax daemon is replaced by HiveServer2.
- HUE-897 [core] Redesign of the overall layout
- HUE-1521 [core] Improve JT HA
- HUE-1493 [beeswax] Replace Beeswaxd by HiveServer2
- HUE-1474 [core] upgrade django from 1.2 to 1.4
- HUE-1506 [search] Impersonation support
- HUE-1475 [core] Switch back from spawning server
Thank you for all the bugs, suggestions, and feedback and stay tuned, a few major changes could not make it to 3.0 but will land soon!
Follow @gethue for the latest updates!
The Hue team